This unusual-looking knife is a Shun original. The cutting edge of this amazingly useful knife features a wide serration that makes it just right for slicing delicate thin-skinned foods like tomatoes or foods with a thicker skin and delicate interior like avocados. The Ultimate Utility Knife's curved belly enables you to rock it on the cutting board, while the wide blade with its rounded tip makes it great for spreading mayo on a sandwich. When you are ready to cut the sandwich in half, the wide serrations glide through without tearing. It may not look traditional, but the Shun Classic Ultimate Utility Knife is about performance where it counts—in your kitchen. Once you use it, you will be amazed at how often you find yourself reaching for this multifunction knife.
- Unusual looks, amazingly versatile, multifunction kitchen knife
- Proprietary VG-MAX cutting core is wear and corrosion resistant, strong, and very fine-grained to enable a razor-sharp, long-lasting 16° edge
- 34 layers of stainless Damascus cladding each side (68 total); support the core, add stain resistance, and help food release from the blade
- D-shaped ebony-finished PakkaWood® handles are comfortable for both left- and right-handed users; durable, beautiful, and won't harbor bacteria
- Full composite tang for light weight and perfect balance
- Handcrafted in Japan