Can the right knife really make food taste better? Yes. The Shun Classic 9-in. Hollow Ground Slicing Knife's long, narrow blade allows you to make a cleaner cut, which helps keep more of the juices—and more of the flavor—in the meat. The longer blade lets you make precise slices with a single stroke, while the narrower profile and hollow-ground indentations help the blade glide through the meat with even less friction. Producing thin, beautiful, even slices of meat is not hard at all—when you have the right knife.
- Hollow-ground indentations help slices release from the blade
- Proprietary VG-MAX cutting core is wear and corrosion resistant, strong, and very fine-grained to enable a razor-sharp, long-lasting 16º edge
- 34 layers of stainless Damascus cladding each side (68 total) support the core, add stain resistance, and help food release from the blade
- D-shaped ebony-finished PakkaWood® handles are comfortable for both left- and right-handed users; durable, beautiful, and won’t harbor bacteria
- Full composite tang for light weight and perfect balance
- Handcrafted in Japan