White Chicken Chili Recipe
This White Chicken Chili Recipe starts by seasoning a chicken with The Gospel All Purpose BBQ Rub, smoking it, pulling that meat and chopping it. However, you can certainly buy a rotisserie chicken if you like.
We add our smoke element by smoking this, but you can create this in a slow cooker.
- 3-4 C cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 large white or yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cans Great Northern Beans
- 1, 32 oz carton chicken broth (or slightly less for a thicker soup)
- 1 can Rotel diced tomatoes & green chilies
- 1, 10oz block of pepper jack cheese, cubed (sub your fav cheese if you don't like the heat)
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 1 T Meat Church BBQ Fajita Seasoning
- Shredded cheese
- Sour cream
- Big Green Egg Enameled Cast Iron Dutch Oven
- Lodge 5 Quart Cast Iron Double Dutch Oven
- or slow cooker.
Prepare the chili
Mix all ingredients in a Dutch oven or slow cooker.
If using a smoker or pellet grill
Prepare your smoker at 225 using hickory or pecan wood.
Place the Dutch oven in the smoker. Cook for 3 - 4 hours uncovered. Stir at least every hour. Cover and simmer to hold until supper time.
If using a slow cooker
Cook on medium setting for 3 - 4 hours. You can increase to a hotter setting if time is not on your side as these ingredients are already cooked. You are simply trying to break down the chicken and meld the flavors.
Top each serving with shredded cheese. We like to add freshly cracked black pepper and a dollop of sour cream. This is great served with corn bread. We hope you enjoy as much as our family does!