Tailgate Mug Chili Recipe
This Tailgate Mug Chili on the Napoleon TravelQ is an easy and fun recipe for everyone to enjoy, whether you’re at the big game or at home. It doubles easily, freezes well, and warms you from the inside out. Skip the spoons and go right for tortilla chips to serve and you will have people cheering for the food instead of the team.
- 2 lbs. ground brisket
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can (540 ml, 18 oz) kidney beans
- 1 can (796 ml, 28 oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- ½ cup beer – preferably a red ale style beer
- ½ lime, juiced
- ½ cup BBQ Sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1½ tsp. cumin
- Tortilla chips for serving
- Sour cream for serving
- Shredded cheese for serving
- Preheat your TravelQ to 300°F. In a large bowl, combine the ground brisket, Worcestershire, garlic, salt, and pepper. Form the meat into 6 or 8 patties. Grill them using indirect heat for 15 to 20 minutes – until cooked or very nearly there.
- Break the brisket into chunks in a large, heat-safe bowl. Add the kidney beans, tomatoes, onion, both peppers, beer, lime juice, garlic, and seasonings. Mix thoroughly.
- Divide the chili between 6 oven safe mugs, ceramic or enameled. *Remember to check and make sure that these mugs are safe for higher temperatures*.
- Preheat the TravelQ to about 300°F once again, preparing for indirect grilling. Cook the chili for another 35 minutes.
- Using Napoleon Multi-Use Touchscreen Gloves remove the mugs from the barbecue and allow them to cool until safe to touch. Top with sour cream and shredded cheese. Use tortilla chips instead of spoons.