Smoked Chicken Wings 2 Ways
These wings couldn’t be any easier to make – all it takes is about 5 minutes of prep time, then the smoker does the rest of the work.
3-4 lbs chicken wings (separated)
1/2 bottle of Heath Riles BBQ Cherry Rub
1/2 bottle of Heath Riles BBQ Garlic Butter Rub (or less if desired)
1/2 tsp Heath Riles BBQ Garlic Jalapeno Rub
1 tbsp Black Pepper (seasoning on cherry wings)
4 tbsp cornstarch (separated)
- Dry off chicken wings with paper towels. (For best results, air dry wings on a rack and sheet pan in the fridge for at least 1 hour) Separate wings, half for Cherry Black Pepper Wings and half for Crispy Garlic Butter Wings.
- Mix rub and cornstarch separately for each set of wings. Cherry Rub, Black Pepper and cornstarch in one bag; Garlic Butter Rub, Garlic Jalapeno Rub and cornstarch in the other bag.
- Place wings in bags and shake to evenly coat.
- Fire up your grill to 375º F and preheat for approximately 20 minutes.
- Once grill is hot and preheated, cook wings for 45 minutes flipping half way through.
- Toss Cherry Wings in Big Green Egg BBQ Sauce (return to the grill to char if you wish)
- Toss Garlic Butter Wings in Thunderbird Whitebird Sauce (or drizzle over if you wish)