Reverse Seared and Smoked Ribeyes with Potato Wedges on the Grill Recipe
Reverse Seared and Smoked Ribeyes with Potato Wedges on the Grill Recipe will knock your socks off. There is nothing better than a perfectly cooked steak on the grill with potatoes. The succulent and perfectly seasoned beef flavor is enhanced when smoked with smoking chips in the Napoleon Stainless Steel Smoker Box. The slow roasting process melting the fat in this well-marbled meat, while a final sear produces a final texture that is divine. Served with a crispy outside and fluffy inside BBQed potato wedges and your favorite seasonal vegetables, this meal of reverse-seared and smoked ribeye steaks with potato wedges is one for the ages.
- 2 thick Ribeye Steaks, bone-in
- 1 tbsp. kosher salt
- 1 tbsp. peppercorns, ground by hand
- 2 tsp. dehydrated garlic
- Smoking Chips
Grilled Potato Wedges
- 3 large russet potatoes
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 tsp. Suckle Busters 2 Pig Mafia Steak Seasoning
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Tinfoil or grill safe bowl or baking pan
- At least 30 minutes before you wish to start cooking, generously salt the steak on all sides. Set aside and begin prepping the rest of the meal. Optionally, you can soak your smoking chips at this time as well.
- Move the cooking grids that are over the burner(s) that you will be using, out of the grill. Fill the Napoleon Stainless Steel Smoker Box with the smoking chips (soaked or unsoaked). Carefully place the smoker box onto the sear plate that is directly above the burner you plan to light. Replace the cooking grids that were removed earlier. Preheat the grill to 275°F, preparing to use the indirect grilling method.
- Season the steaks with the fresh pepper and dehydrated garlic. Insert the probes of a meat thermometer, like Napoleon ACCU-PROBE Bluetooth Thermometer, and set the alert for about 10 to 15 degrees less than your ideal finished temperature. For example, to achieve a perfect medium-rare, you would want to remove the steaks from the heat at 125°F to 130°F.
- As soon as there is smoke coming from the Stainless Steel Smoker Box, place the steaks on the cool side of the grill, over the unlit burner(s) and close the lid. Smoke the steaks until an internal temperature of 125°F is reached.
- While the steaks are cooking, prepare the potatoes by scrubbing them and cutting them into wedges of equal size. You don't have to peel them, but you can if that is your preference. Toss the potatoes in oil and Suckle Busters 2 Pig Mafia Steak Seasoning.
- Once an internal temperature of 125°F is reached remove the steaks from the grill to rest for at least 10 minutes. While the steaks are resting, take out the cooking grids over the smoker box and, using Napoleon Multi-Use Touchscreen Gloves, remove the smoker box. Turn all burners to high. Preheat the grill to 500°F+.
- Grill the potato wedges over high heat for 2 to 3 minutes per side, then turn the heat down and cover them with the baking pan to finish cooking for about 10 more minutes. Sear the steaks while the potatoes finish grilling. Using direct heat, sear the steaks for 1 minute - or until they release from the cooking grids without any resistance. Turn the steaks 45° and continue to cook for 1 minute longer. Flip them and do the same on the other side for perfect sear marks.
- Serve the steaks alongside the potato wedges and your favorite seasonal vegetables.