Honey Chipotle Citrus Salmon on the Grill
Tender, sweet, and spicy, this honey chipotle salmon makes an ideal dinner when you crave big on flavor but you’re short on time.
1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
2/3 of a fresh sliced pineapple (we sliced into strips to grill easily)
Juice of 1 lime -1 avocado (we used jumbo, but regular is also fine)
(2) 6-8 oz pieces of salmon
Heath Riles BBQ Honey Chipotle Rub
Heath Riles BBQ Simple Citrus Rub
- Season fresh pineapple slices with Heath Riles BBQ Simple Citrus Rub.
- Grill pineapple approximately 5 minutes total (2.5 minutes on each side).
- Assemble salsa - avocado, lime juice, cilantro, red onion and diced pineapple slices (once charred), Heath Riles BBQ Simple Citrus Rub to taste and a splash of Olive Oil; place in refrigerator to chill
- Make sure Grill Grates are sprayed good with oil.
- Coat both sides of salmon with olive oil. Season flesh side of salmon with Heath Riles BBQ Simple Citrus Rub and then Heath Riles BBQ Honey Chipotle Rub.
- Place salmon on grill skin side down.
- Cook for approximately 15 minutes at 500º. Pull once salmon reaches a temperature of 130º.
- Top salmon with salsa