Grilled Lobster Tails Basted with Herbed Butter Recipe
Grilled Lobster Tails Basted with Herbed Butter Recipe grilled on a Napoleon grill. This recipe comes together in under 40 minutes and is the perfect dinner to make for a special occasion.
- 6 frozen lobster tails (8 to 10 oz. each), thawed
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3 tbsp. fresh chives, minced
- 2 tbsp. fresh tarragon, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- Using scissors, cut the cross “ribs” at the center down the tail. Cut the top of the lobster shell down the center leaving the tail fin intact. Cut shell at an angle away from the center of the tail at the base of the tail. Loosen meat from the interior of the shell. Lift the meat out and lay it over the shell leaving it attached at the tail.
- In a small cast iron pan, melt the butter, add shallot and garlic and sauté until fragrant and translucent. Add the remaining ingredients and set over low heat using the side burner.
- Place lobster tails, meat side up, on grill rack using tongs.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat - about 350°F, for 15 to 20 minutes or until the meat is opaque, use basting brush and baste with butter every few minutes until cooked through.