Game Day Loaded Nacho Fries Recipe
Taking nachos and fries and combining them into one massively delicious appetizer is possibly the best idea ever! Topped with your favorites, these Loaded Nacho Fries are sure to be the best thing you have eaten. Serve this with your other game-day favorite snacks or just for the fun of it. There’s something for everyone on this platter and it’s completely customizable too. Add hot peppers, fresh tomatoes, hold the onions, add olives, or go nuts with different kinds of cheese!
- 1 package (750g/26.5 oz) Frozen French fries
- Duck Fat Cooking Oil Spray
- Seasoned salt to taste
- 2 avocados, diced
- ¼ red onion, diced
- 1 small tomato seeded, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ lime, juiced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-cooked taco beef
- ¾ red onion, diced
- 1 small tomato, seeded, diced
- 2 cups shredded cheese (cheddar, tex mex, Monterey jack, mozzarella etc.)
- 1 jalapeño, diced
- 2 Green onions, chopped
- Sour cream for garnish
- The day before, prepare the guac for maximum flavor development. In a bowl, combine all of the guac ingredients except for salt and pepper. Mash together with a fork, then taste, seasoning to your preference.
- Cook the fries to the manufacturer’s instructions after lightly spraying with Duck Fat Cooking Oil Spray and sprinkling lightly with your favorite seasoning salt.
- Preheat your grill to around 350°F (unless you used it to cook the fries in the first place). Place a cast-iron frying pan on the grill to preheat.
- Once the fries are ready, transfer them to your preheated cast iron pan layering cheese, beef, tomato, and onion. Place the loaded fries onto the grill and bake for 5 to 15 minutes, until all of the toppings are hot and melty.
- Finish the loaded fries with dollops of sour cream, homemade guacamole, green onion, and jalapeño, and watch this delightful snack disappear.