A blast from the past, this easy Dump Cake recipe on the grill only takes 3 ingredients. Switch up the filling ingredients depending on what you have on hand or what your favorite flavor is. A scoop of ice cream on top takes it to another level!
1 box of complete cake mix, chocolate or yellow
2 cans of your favorite pie filling – some of our favorites are:
– Cherry (especially good with chocolate cake mix)
– Cherry/Pineapple (one can of each)
1 stick of butter
Big Green Egg Equipment
• Big Green Egg Rectangular Drip Pan
• Big Green Egg Cast Iron Sauce Pot with Basting Brush
• Set the EGG for indirect cooking with the convEGGtor at 375°F/191°C.
• Spread both cans of the pie filling evenly in the bottom of the pan. Sprinkle
cake mix evenly on top of the pie filling (do not mix).
• Melt the butter in the Sauce Pot; drizzle over the cake mix. Place the pan
on the cooking grid and bake for 35-45 minutes. Scoop into serving bowls.