This fun take on a cheese appetizer has all the flavor elements of a comforting Thanksgiving dish: apples, cinnamon, and cranberries. With a total prep and cooking time of 25 minutes, you can easily whip this up even with last-minute guests or for when you need a little something extra special for dinner. Serve with thin crackers or toasted bread for the perfect cheesy autumn dish that everyone will love.
- 1 wheel of brie
- 1 Medium Apple
- 1/4 cup of crushed pecans (or walnuts)
- 1/4 cup of dried cranberries
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Favorite crackers or bread for serving
- Soaked grilling wood plank
- Preheat your grill to about 425°F. Prepare for indirect grilling.
- If you're using a plank, soak it while you prep the topping.
- Combine the apple, pecans, cranberries, cinnamon, brown sugar, and vanilla in a saucepan. Bring to a simmer until the mixture thickens and the apples become soft.
- Place the cheese on the soaked plank, or a baking sheet with foil, then top the cheese with the hot apple mixture.
- Bake over indirect heat for about 15 minutes, or until the cheese starts to bulge in the middle and the sides are slightly golden.
- Serve hot, with your favorite bread, crisps, crackers or even slices of fruit. Don't forget a good drink too. Apple cider, or wine is best.